Monday, November 17, 2008

America's Godly Heritage Remembered


George Washington, the Father of our Country, is well known to Americans for the accomplishments of his adult life: Commander-in-Chief during the American Revolution, Statesman, and President.
Perhaps the most important account of George Washington took place in his youth -- at age 23 -- during the battle on the Monongahela. His part in the July 9th, 1755, battle during the French and Indian War is one of the most significant events of his early years. His life literally hung in the balance for over two hours. This dramatic event helped shape his character and confirm God's call on him.

During the two-hour battle, the 23 year-old Colonel Washington rode all over the the battlefield on horseback. The officers had been a special target for the Indians. Of the 86 officers, 63 were killed. Washington was the only officer on horseback not killed.

Following the battle, Washington wrote a letter to his brother in which he readily and openly acknowledged: "By the all-powerful dispensations of Providence, I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation; for I had four bullets through my coat, and two horses shot under me, yet I escaped unhurt, although death was leveling my companions on every side of me!"

15 years later, the Chief of the Indian tribe Washington had fought delivered this message to Washington of what had happened during that battle:

"I am chief and ruler over my tribes. My influence extends to the waters of the great lakes and to the far blue mountains. I have traveled a long and weary path that I might see the young warrior of the great battle. It was on the day when the white man's blood mixed with the streams of our forest that I first beheld this chief Washington . . . I called to my young men and said, 'Quick, let your aim be certain, and he dies.' Our rifles were leveled, rifles which, but for you, knew not how to miss --'twas all in vain, a power mighter far than we, shielded you...I am come to pay homeage to the man who is the particular favorite of Heaven, and who can never die in battle."

Sadly, today, few have ever heard about this important story. Unfortunately, Barack Hussein Obama appears to be a friend of the American athiest, and will likely push its agenda, and historical events such as this will be forever purged from our history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment