Friday, May 2, 2008

800-889-8776 SHOPPERS DISCOUNT RIP-OFF

Beware this company. If you've ever ordered a product on-line, chances are you will find an unauthorized $10.00 charge on your credit card statement from Shoppers Discount. I just noticed this charge and called the number to find out who they are and what they did to charge me $10.00. The lady on the phone could not articulate what Shoppers Discount does, or what they did as a business model, other than charge $10.00 to unsuspecting saps. After she agreed to cancel the charge and stop my "subscription" she asked me if there were any other questions I had. I did have a question, and so I asked her, "Yes, WHY AREN'T YOU IN JAIL? WHY AREN'T YOU IN JAIL?" She hung up on me. So I called my credit card immediately and found out these scam artists were charging me a $10.00 subscription fee for the past 3 months! I did an internets search and found they pull this scam a lot. BEWARE.

4 comments:

  1. Yup I just found this out the hard way today, they have been charging me $12.00 for the past 2 months and also I noticed 2 different charges from reservations rewards and some stupid self help which I have no clue to what any of them are for. I will be giving them a call and guess what I will ask them the same question 'WHY THE HELL ARENT YOU IN JAIL YET, HOPE YOU WILL BE SOON. It is absolutely shameful to think of people who take advantage of others this way, no heart, no soul!!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a $12 charge on my credit card, looked back and found 8 more $12 charges over the past 9 months. I called them and they agreed to cancel my subscription and refund 2 months charges. They refused to refund the additional 7 months so I have to write to my state's attorney general's office. It seems that I subscribed to their services when I didn't uncheck a box when I bought a $3 cord at buy.com. It seems that by subscribing to their service at $12 a month, I get a small rebate for my next purchase at buy.com. WHAT A RACKET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happend to me.. I just noticed that my credit card was billed $12.. I cannot believe these people.. they got my information when I purchased from eyeslipface.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They got me with $12
    I fell for a $20 rebate when using ORBITZ
    Contact:
    US Attorney's Office
    New Haven Office
    Connecticut Financial Center
    157 Church Street
    Floor 23
    New Haven, CT 06510
    (203) 821-3700
    Fax: (203) 773- 5376
    =====
    US Attorney's Office
    Bridgeport Office
    915 LaFayette Blvd
    Room 309
    Bridgeport, CT 06604
    (203) 696-3000
    Fax: (203) 579-5575

    ReplyDelete